Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014!!


Happy New Year Everyone!!

I wish you all luck and happiness!
The past two New Years Resolutions have been both life changing and successful for me so this year has been a challenge to come up with something new and exciting. 

Last year I decided to challenge myself to exercise every night to strengthen my body and gain more energy. Despite sickness and exhaustion some nights, I kept my goal and I am 20 lbs lighter than I have been in 5 years.

The year before that, I was still in college and Diet Coke had become a sugar free and caffeine-filled crutch to keep me going during long nights of studying, but it came at a cost. I started to get migraines daily from lack of hydration in my body. I decided to stop drinking Diet Cokes and all carbonated sodas for that matter! After two years of no soda, I can honestly say I don't even miss it! I feel better and I don't suffer from headaches. I even persuaded my dad to stop drinking sodas and he's pulled it off for a full year thus far!

So what to do for this year?! In an effort to stay true to my life changing resolutions, I've decided that this year I am going to try new things that I have wanted to do most of my life but never had the chance to do. A "bucket list" for 2014 if you will. This includes short weekend trips to interesting destinations,  getting more involved in the local events, trying that new restaurant that I pass by everyday while going to work, and experiencing new activities that interest me. 

For me, New Years is the perfect time to set goals for yourself. It's a clean slate and if you're diligent enough to stick with your goals, they can forever become a part of your life! 

Make this year count and don't forget to eat your Black-eyed peas and Cornbread today for good luck!!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment