Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November Craft Product of the Month

Hey Everyone!

      It's beginning to feel a lot...like....Christmas!!!! It's so cold out today and that only makes me more in the mood to decorate, but we still have a ways to go before then! Next week is my birthday and then Thanksgiving follows so there are plenty of activities to be had before Christmas starts! Although, I will admit, I've already done most of my Christmas shopping but that's no surprise to anyone that really knows me. :)

For this post, I am sharing a craft product that I really love. I have had several coworkers ask me about different products and how to use them. It got me thinking: maybe I should write a "Craft Product of the Month" post. So here it goes!!

Because I've been working on a lot of DIY Christmas Decor items (which I will share in the next couple of weeks), I have been using this product a lot to achieve the rustic, old fashioned look that I love. 


Americana Gel Stains



I would say the condition of the bottle is absolutely an indication to how much I love it! :) The reason I love this product is because it has multiple uses AND it's super easy to use. If you want to use it as a stain, find an old towel to work it into your wood project. The more stain you work into it, the deeper the color. If you prefer the dark wood color without the simple stain, apply with a paint brush and allow to dry. This use will require at least two coats. 
I use it for staining! I buy unfinished and inexpensive wood boxes and products that you can find in Hobby Lobby and then add my own touch to them with some stain. 

You can get these gel stains in many shades! To find them, look down the bottled acrylic paint aisle and look to the right and at the bottom of the rack. 

These stains are so much cheaper than wood stains at your local home improvement store. Plus, if you're just wanting to do a small staining project, you don't need those large cans.


Be sure to give this product a try and let me know what you think! 

Have a great week!!


No comments:

Post a Comment