Tuesday, December 20, 2011

7 Days 'Til Christmas!!

Hey Everyone! 
Today I've been working with my mom on a project that I will reveal on Christmas Day! I am so excited about it! We also made our long list of groceries so tackling the grocery store is my assignment for tomorrow! YIKES!
For this post I'm sharing a wonderful dessert/snack recipe that I make every year! (Oh, and if you're wondering...Christmas Eve I will post pictures of all of our creations to add to these recipes that I'm sharing so stay tuned for that!)

Heath Bar Candy

2 Sticks Butter (1/2 maybe Margarine)
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp Water
1 Tbsp Lite Corn Syrup
4 Reg. Size Hershey Bars
2/3 cup Finely Chopped Nuts (I use heath bar candy bits instead)

Melt butter over low heat in pan. Add sugar and stir until melted. Add water and syrup. Continue cooking over low heat until syrup, dropped in cold water, becomes brittle. (This is the cold water brittle test if you aren't familiar with candy making. You could also use a candy thermometer and bring syrup slowly up to 320 F. DO NOT speed up process by increasing heat...you will burn your candy and it will not be good at all.) Once, it becomes brittle or reaches 320 F remove from heat. Pour onto greased platter in a thin layer. Melt and Spread Hershey Bars over candy and press nuts (heath bar bits) into the chocolate while it is still warm. Cool until hardened ( in the fridge if you wish). Break into pieces. 
This recipe is a bit tedious and you have to be patient when watching your candy but it is totally worth it!!
Enjoy!!

Today I'm Listening To:
Hanukkah Song by Adam Sandler


No comments:

Post a Comment