Tuesday, December 20, 2011

6 Days 'Til Christmas!!

Hey Bloggers! Christmas is getting even closer!! This cookie recipe is one that my mom makes every year. It's also been called Snowball cookies but whatever you call them they are delicious!

Lady Fingers (aka Snowball Cookies)

1 cup Margarine (2 sticks)
2 cups Flour
1/4 cup Confectioners Sugar
Pecans (the amount is up to you)

Cream butter and sugar until well mixed. Add flour in gradually and then add the pecans. Like I said, if you like more pecans add about 1/2 cup...if not leave them out. You can add however many you like. Roll into oblong sticks about 1 to 2 inches long. Place on ungreased cookie sheet & place in 300 F oven. Let cook about 20 minutes until DELICATE brown. Immediately remove from oven and roll in confectioners sugar. Let cool and roll once again in confectioners sugar. 

These cookies are wonderful with my Mom's ambrosia. The recipe calls for oranges, pecans and coconut so if that is a recipe you would like to have let me know and I'll be glad to share! Enjoy!!

Today I'm Listening To:
Happy Christmas (War is Over) by John Lennon

No comments:

Post a Comment