Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful time with family and loved ones! We just made it back in town from our trip visiting family and we had a wonderful time! My mom and I started cooking Dressing on Tuesday night, we started the Giblet Gravy and the Bing Cherry Salad yesterday and then everything else was underway at 6:30 this morning....wheww it was an early morning cooking and boy am I tired!!! Everything we make at Thanksgiving is VERY southern. We don't make stuffing, we make traditional dressing and we've made the same Thanksgiving recipes for generations! Lunch was wonderful and I took pictures to share! Check them out below and if you see anything you like BE SURE TO COMMENT and I'll get you the recipe!  I am so thankful for my family, my friends, the people that make my life so wonderful and the opportunities I have been given. I am a truly blessed woman!!! Tomorrow the fun continues...like I said I've never been a brave Black Friday shopper but we traditionally decorate the house on that day. Tomorrow Mom and I will decorate the tree, the mantles and everything in between while listening to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation....for the THOUSANDTH time. Lol. Dad will be outside with the puppies, decorating the house. Tomorrow is also the ARKANSAS vs LSU game! I am sooooo excited!! #3 Arkansas vs #1 LSU after a wonderful surprise last week...the top three BCS College Football rankings went to the SEC, more specifically, the SEC WEST! #1 LSU, #2 Alabama and #3 Arkansas...so awesome to represent the great talent we have in southern college football! Tomorrow's game determines everything, if LSU wins, they take the top spot and battle Alabama for the BCS championship BUT if Arkansas wins, all three teams will be in a score record tie (11-1). Someone will be out of the BCS championship...so I guess we'll see tomorrow! You will definitely hear about it from me if we win! WOOOO PIG SOOIE!! RAZORBACKS!
haha Thanks for reading guys! Check out my pics and enjoy the rest of your break!


Our new little man, Spook!

My handsome baby, Jackson!

Mom and Spook

Brined Turkey

Cranberry Sauce...YUM!

Asparagus Casserole

Thanksgiving Dressing

Sweet Potato Casserole (w/ Pecan Praline Topping)

Sweet Potato Casserole (w/ Marshmallow topping)

Giblet Gravy

Bing Cherry Salad



After Lunch, we picked from the pecan tree!

My dad decided shaking the tree was better than trying to reach the limbs.

We picked a TON of pecans...and that's just what was left on the tree. 


Spooky and his infectious smile!

Mom and Dad and Spooky

Hanging out with the boys!

So funny! 
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I'm Listening To:
Thanksgiving by George Winston

No comments:

Post a Comment