Sunday, August 7, 2011

Staying Cool!!

Hey bloggers!
I hope everyone is staying out of the heat! We are definitely in record temperatures in the south this summer. My dashboard read 124F the other day on my way to work. YIKES!!! It's almost not even worth going to the lake. I wanted to share some foods that help cool you off during the summer. 
Watermelon, Grapes, Apples, Berries, Melons and Peaches are full of water  to help hydrate the body! Plus they taste great!!
Cucumber, Celery, Lettuce and Tomato aka salads! :D

Bell Peppers. Spicy foods actually cool the body!

Mint! It's great in brewed teas and salads!
Garlic!

I love using all of these fresh foods but if you're anything like me you have a bit of a sweet tooth as well. So rather than starting up the oven why not make some No-Bake cookies?! I have to admit I've had several unsuccessful recipes that have ended up with either cookies that were too dry or that would'nt set up...until now! My sweet friend Naomi shared her recipe with me and I wanted to share the love with you guys! The cookies turned out great! (Although I did borrow someone else's picture!) :D



Bring 1 stick of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 1/2 cup of milk and 3 tablespoons of cocoa to a boil.
Boil for a minute and a half.
Remove from heat.
Add 1/2 cup of peanut butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, 1/8 teaspoon salt and 3 cups of oatmeal.
Mix and place by spoonful on wax paper to cool.
The end. (Haha that was Naomi's touch!)
ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment