Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Updates

Hey Everyone! Well another week has begun and it's going to be a hot one! I wanted to post today about a really serious issue. Today my dashboard read 116 degrees and my car was so hot I could barely breathe. To top it off, we are one of 15 states under severe heat advisories. You know it's bad when CNN news posts heat stress disorder symptoms to watch out for. This is really serious! It's caused by severe heat and humidity, two things that we never go without in the South. It's really easy to let yourself get dehydrated, too. My mom got very sick one summer and almost had a heat stroke from working in the yard. It's so important to stay hydrated! Just keep in mind, suffering dehydration outside in the summer is about the same as suffering from a fever during the flu. Your body temperature rises and your proteins start to break down. Essentially, you could suffer severe brain damage from heat stress. So stay hydrated! Atleast the heat gives us an excuse to stay cool inside and work on arts and crafts in our spare time. On a lighter note...haha :D I have done some updates to my previous post "Magnet Love Cont.". As promised, I included some other magnet collections that I have for sale. So check it out and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions! Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment